D&D Encounters: New season: War of Everlasting Darkness!
This week marked the start of the newest D&D Encounters season, War of Everlasting Darkness, at participating Wizards Play Network stores across the country! Running through December 19, War of Everlasting Darkness is the final D&D Encounters season in the Rise of the Underdark storyline, and it’s sure to be epic!
Deep in the darkness of the Demonweb Pits, Lolth has been spinning a web of deceit, treachery and ambition, but the time has come to fight back against her Darkening! Her goal – to seize control of arcane magic, a domain that has lain vacant since the death of Mystra a hundred years ago, and turn the surface world into eternal darkness. Under the advantage of her Darkening, Lolth’s servitors hope to help complete her ascendancy to her new role as Goddess of Magic. Can Lolth be stopped?
This season, there are three new features as the finale plays itself out:
· Level Up Each Session! – Characters will be allowed to level up at the conclusion of each weekly session (rather than each chapter), and characters will progress from level 1 to 8.
· Bring Your Own Hero to the Table! – Players will have a more robust array of character options to choose from and will be able to use the following books for character creation, including:
o Heroes of the Fallen Lands, Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms, Player’s Option: Heroes of Shadow, Player’s Option: Heroes of the Feywild, Player’s Option: Heroes of the Elemental Chaos and Into the Unknown: The Dungeon Survival Handbook
· New Design! – Each session will be more of a mini-adventure rather than an individual encounter, with a balance of interaction, exploration and combat.
For more information about D&D Encounters: War of Everlasting Darkness, or to find a participating store near you, visit DungeonsandDragons.com.
Kill the Wizard can be played through November 30. Make sure to contact your store soon to ensure they’re participating.
Wizards of the Coast’s D&D Encounters program is an exciting, weekly campaign that plays out one epic encounter at a time. Players defeat enemies, solve puzzles, finish quests and perform heroic deeds to earn Renown Points that can be used to gain exclusive rewards. Each session takes 1-2 hours to play, and each week there’s a new and exciting challenge. Jump in anytime!
Michael V K
Latest posts by Michael V K (see all)
- Preorders for VOLUSPA and VAMPIRE EMPIRE Start Monday, May 20 - May 19, 2013
- PRESS RELEASE: Stronghold Games Announces its 2013 Origins and Gen Con Convention Releases - May 12, 2013
- Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews – Super Dungeon Explore - May 11, 2013
- Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews – Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Edition - May 10, 2013