(from Europa Simulazioni)
All is lost save Honour is a game about the campaigns fought during the Italian Wars (1494-1530), mainly between the Hapsburgs (the Empire) and the Valois (the French kingdom). This first volume is dedicated to the campaigns between Agnadello (1509) and Pavia (1525).
We had to make a selection of all those campaigns fought in Italy during the Italian Wars. The five campaigns we have included are:
– Agnadello 1509, Venice defends its Republic against her foes.
– Novara 1513, the Swiss against the French army. The last triumph of the Swiss.
– Marignano 1515, Franois I grabs the Duchy of Milan from the Swiss
– Bicocca 1522, the French lose the Duchy of Milan
– Pavia 1525, Franois I loses the largest battle and Milan to the Empire
This is the time of charges of cavalrymen with the finest gliding armours; of the first use of effective firearms and artillery; sieges, mercenary troops, treachery, pillaging and all that chrome that may enlighten a wargame.
* new game system, operational-level, devoted to warfare in the XVIth century campaigns
* highly interactive sequence of play, focused on manoeuvre and careful planning
* various forms of combat: Major battles,Skirmishes, Sieges
* set of Exclusive Rules and specific rules and events for each campaign
* a 22″ x 34″ fine-art map , reproducing a part of XVIth northern Italy, based on an accurate study of ancient maps and sources
* gorgeous iconic counters representing all the main Capitani who fought there and the different combat units
* detailed (as it is possible) order of battle, with combat units differentiated by strength, maximum movement, quality and reliability
* very low counter density and limited play time
Venice at Bay
Last Triumph of the Swiss
Francois’ First Time:
France Loses the Duchy:
The Struggle for the Duchy: