The sergeant hangs the phone up. “Multiple hostages, numerous bombs. We’re up.” We grab our gear, prep the robot and load the van. It’s go time…
An unknown terrorist organization is on the rise, looking to spread fear while profiting from the chaos they release. You, your fellow members of the Retro City Bomb Squad, and your trusty Bomb Squad Robot are the only barriers in the way between those dastardly villains and the innocent civilians of Retro City. Lives are at stake — and time is ticking — so let’s go!
Bomb Squad is a cooperative game in which 2-6 players are members of a team operating a disposal robot with the mission to disarm bombs and save hostages. The players work together, racing against the clock to provide the appropriate instructions for the robot to achieve their mission objectives.Bomb Squad features:
- Real-time play: Players each take a turn in clockwise order and are free to take as long as they want on their turn. However, there is a timer counting down in real time until the bombs will detonate, so players will want to be as efficient as possible.
- Hidden Card Information: Players hold their cards so that the fronts are facing the other players, which requires that players give each other Intel to figure out which cards they have in hand.
- Limited Communication: While players have their cards up and visible to each other, players are allowed to communicate only via the Intel they give each other, which provides hints about the cards they have in their hands. Table talk about which cards are needed, or where the robot should go, gives implied hints about which cards to play and is prohibited.
- Co-operative game play: The players all work together, winning or losing collectively as a team.
Welcome back, Emperor. The time for unchecked expansion is over. Warmongers raise their flags over weaker empires, while civilized planets take shelter behind peace treaties. Brace yourself for rising tensions in this next chapter of Eminent Domain: Escalation!
This expansion for Eminent Domain, which cannot be played without the base game, puts the following new tools at the Emperor’s disposal:
- New meaning to the larger-sized ships in Eminent Domain.
- Additional Role cards to support a fifth player.
- Additional technologies, each with an alternate cost in addition to their normal Research cost.
- A new category of technology (“Diverse”), requiring one planet of each type to research.
- Optional scenarios for asymmetric starting positions and technologies for each player.
The town of Scoville likes it hot! Very hot! That means they love their peppers – but they’re too busy eating them to grow the peppers themselves. That’s where you come in.
You’ve been hired by the town of Scoville to meet their need for heat. Your role as an employee of Scoville is to crossbreed peppers to create the hottest new breeds. You’ll have to manage the auctioning, planting, and harvesting of peppers, then you’ll be able to help the town by fulfilling their orders and creating new pepper breeds. Help make the town of Scoville a booming success! Let’s get planting!
A round of Scoville consists of a blind auction, which determines player order, a planting phase, a harvesting phase, and a fulfillment phase. Each round, the players plant peppers in the fields. Throughout the game, the available opportunities for crossbreeding increase as more peppers are planted. When harvesting, players move their pawn through the fields, and whenever they move between two planted fields, they harvest peppers. If, for example, they harvest between fields of red and yellow peppers, they crossbreed those and harvest an orange pepper. Harvested peppers are then used to fulfill the town’s peppery desires!
In the first expansion to Belfort, lovingly titled ‘The Expansion Expansion’, designers Jay Cormier and Sen-Foong Lim add quite a bit to the game. Assistants can be recruited once per round, and they bring more mythological hi jinks to this game. There are five new guilds to choose from and additional scoring opportunities by building expansions onto properties you control.
Escalation is the first expansion to Eminent Domain and it provides a ton of new things for the Eminent Domain fan base.
Here are some of the new features you would get with the expansion.
- Setup for a fifth player.
- New planets and planet mechanics.
- New technologies.
- New ship mechanics which are a ton of fun.